Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
After launching an iOS app to a simulator, the second launch often fails because it does not "stop" the current app session on the simulator. Deploying from XS seems to tell Xcode to stop the running app first.
**Steps to Reproduce:**
Deploy an app to the simulator from VS.
Do it again while the app is in the foreground of the simulator.
The app does not launch / or it does launch but debugging does not connect.
App should launch and connect to debugger.
**Build Date & Platform:**
iOS 8 / Xcode 6
I have tried to reproduce this issue but not able to reproduce. I followed below steps to reproduce this issue:
1. Open VS and run the application in the debug mode on Simulator .
2. Stop the running application. Application goes into background. Put the same application in foreground on Simulator.
3. Again run the same application on the same Simulator.
Application is launching successfully on the simulator.
Please let me know if I have to follow any other steps to reproduce this issue.
Build Host info:
I'm the one who reported this bug. I sent in a project to Allie Miller which should reproduce the problem (it is internal code of ours and subject to the NDA, so I cant post it here)
There is no need to foreground the app to reproduce this. As far as I can tell, the procedure is:
1. Start debugging the app.
2. Stop debugging the app.
3. Repeat until the app fails to load with no exception. Sometimes it does this immediately, sometimes it debugs fine for a couple of runs and then fails for 5 or 10 runs, and then works fine again for a bit.
I also supplied Allie with a symbolicated crash report from the iPhone that I'm working with. It may be of help.
Moving to C10 for further investigation.