Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
(Originally reported as a part of https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22140, which is really a separate libgdiplus issue.)
Observed: The gdiplus shared library on OSX is now essentially empty,
and this appears to be related to new instances of System.Drawing-related
Steps to reproduce:
(1) Make a new XS console app project.
(2) Add a "using System.Drawing" statement.
(3) In the console Main(), add a single "var color = Color.Black;" statement.
(4) Start the debugger.
Found: gdiplus-related exceptions.
Expected: Proper operation.
* Please see https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22140 for
additional info. The export count/size of libgdiplus delivered
with the mono runtime has dropped substantially since 3.8.0.
* This is either by design (?) or a result of some kind of new build
failure not caught by the build environment in place / associated
* Dropping the libgdiplus.* artifacts from 3.8.0 on top of a 3.10.0
install allows basic operation. (This is obviously not optimal.)
* Introduced with the first alpha channel 3.10.0 drop, I believe,
and it appears that 220.127.116.11 has not yet resolved the issue.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 23553 ***