Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Installed all updates from the Alpha channel on both the MAC host and the Windows.
Xamarin Studio version on both : 5.5 (build 198)
Xamarin.iOS : 184.108.40.206 (Business Edition)
When I try to open the solution (after the assuring that the build host is open on the MAC), I get :
"The 'MonoTouchPackage' package did not load correctly.
The problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. Examine the file ActivityLog.xml..."
Examining ActivityLog.xml, I found this :
<description>End package load [MonoTouchPackage]</description>
<hr>80004003 - E_POINTER</hr>
<errorinfo>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</errorinfo>
Also to note, after opening the solution, the project(s) are marked as incompatible and are not accessible whatsoever.
I have tried to reproduce this issue but not able to reproduce. I followed below steps to reproduce this issue:
1. Install all updates from alpha on windows and Mac host
XS 5.5 (build 222) on both Mac Host and windows
X.iOS 220.127.116.11 on Mac
XVS 3.7.165 on windows
2. Open the existing solution in VS 2013
Solution is opening successfully in VS after update.
Please let me know if I have to follow other steps to reproduce this issue.
Build Host info: