Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I have updated Xamarin with latest updates, but I am facing problem in IOS. I have attached the IOS device to mac but it is not visible in my windows machine VS2013.
Got the mail:
Please type your reply at the top of the email...
SEP 23, 2014 | 03:54PM EDT
I'll pick up on this case to get a fresh set of eyes on the problem.
From your version information, it looks like you might have gotten stuck on some old versions due to a bug in one of our old installers. Here are some next steps to try:
1. Install the latest Xamarin for VS version on the Windows machine:
2. Quit the Xamarin.iOS Build Host app on the Mac.
3. Install the latest stable Xamarin.iOS, Mono, and Xamarin Studio versions on the Mac. You can do this either via Xamarin Studio under "Xamarin Studio -> Check for Updates", or using the individual installers:
Xamarin Studio: http://download.xamarin.com/studio/Mac/XamarinStudio-188.8.131.52-0.dmg
4. Create a "new from template" Xamarin.iOS project in Xamarin Studio on the Mac, and make sure you can build, deploy, and debug that app on your iOS device.
5. Create a "new from template" Xamarin.iOS project in Visual Studio, pair to the build host as needed, etc.
6. Make sure the Configuration Manager has "iPhone" selected as the current deployment target, and that the project has "Build" checked ON.
7. Click the "Refresh build server info" button .
If the iOS device still doesn't appear at this point, you can zip up and send back the following log directories:
## Xamarin for Visual Studio
## Xamarin.iOS Build Host (on the Mac)
(One way to access this folder is to select the "Go -> Go to Folder" menu item in Finder, and then copy and paste this path into the dialog.)
Thanks in advance for the additional information and tests! Hopefully we can get this sorted out quickly!
I have tried all the steps but no success.
Could you please add the logs from the following places?:
Xamarin for Visual Studio Log
Location: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Xamarin\Log devenv file (with latest timestamp)
or Go to Help> and select option Zip Xamarin logs
Xamarin.iOS Build Host (on the Mac) Location: ~/Library/Logs/Xamarin/MonoTouchVS
Created attachment 8222 [details]
Created attachment 8223 [details]
Log files attached.
Added the Log files.
Please do needful.
I'll mark this bug as resolved not reproducible, since I cannot reproduce it with latest stable bits.
Please feel free to reopen it if you can still reproduce the issue with current bits.