Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 8096 [details]
Error dialog image
Updated to newest version on the alpha yesterday, and now I am not able to create new Xamarin.iOS projects. When doing that in Visual Studio I get the error dialog, shown in the attachment.
This happens with both the classic and the new project types.
Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013
Version 12.0.30723.00 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
Installed Version: Ultimate
Xamarin 126.96.36.199 (f79ef6eadc52a50c387f60f774ae3cee6782fdfb)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.Android 188.8.131.52 (2a7b68212b17c903160fbd8e0106babb299d1be3)
Visual Studio plugin to enable development for Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.iOS 184.108.40.206 (b38baf1c655f9fe816fee25cbd7ac78225def3e9)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.
I have checked this issue and unable to reproduce it.
I upadted XVS to 3.6.239 and also able to create ios projects both classic and others.
Could you please provide us more additional detail like
1.Earlier which version of XVS you used ?
2.Process which followed by you to install XVS
Please let me know if I missed anything to reroduce it.
Screencast regarding same:
VS 2013 Professional Update 3
Upon further investigation it seems to be tied with a specific solution where this happens. If I create a new solution or use another existing solution it works just fine.
I'll add an attachment with the solution where it fails.
Created attachment 8102 [details]
Moving to C10 for further investigation.
As we've added several improvements to our build system and deploying/debugging mechanism since the bug was reported, I'm resolving it tentatively as Fixed.
That said, if you're still facing this issue with current bits, please feel free to reopen the bug.