Bug 22238 - Activities with MainLauncher=true but Enabled=false are not invokable
Summary: Activities with MainLauncher=true but Enabled=false are not invokable
Status: RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: Android
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Debugger ()
Version: 4.16.0
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: dean.ellis
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-08-20 15:59 UTC by Ben Dodson
Modified: 2017-06-27 19:27 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Description Ben Dodson 2014-08-20 15:59:14 UTC
We have several activities with MainLauncher=true,Enabled=false.  We have a single activity with MainLauncher=true,Enabled=true.  When I renamed this class, the Xamarin debuggger could not launch our main activity. Once I removed all of the classes with MainLauncher=true,Enabled=false,  the debugger started working again. The debugger originally stopped working because after the rename, the actual main activity showed up lower in the AndroidManifest.xml.
Comment 1 Udham Singh 2014-08-25 07:22:54 UTC
I have tried to reproduce this issue but not able to reproduce this. To reproduce this issue I have followed the steps mentioned below.

1. Create a simple android app.
2. Add 3 activities in app with 'MainLauncher=true,Enabled=false' and one activity with 'MainLauncher=true,Enabled=true'.
3. Deploy the application on emulator successfully.
4. Stop the app and rename the class for the added single activity with 'MainLauncher=true,Enabled=true'.
5. Deploy the app on emulator successfully.

Screencast : http://screencast.com/t/sxbCPomul2bI

Please let me know if I missed any step to reproduce this issue.

Environment Info : 

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.2.1 (build 1)
Installation UUID: ce927b2a-2c07-44c5-b186-09cfdafba6dc
Runtime:
	Mono 3.6.0 ((no/f540f8a)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 306000039

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.16.0 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarin76/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		1.6   (API level 4)
		2.1   (API level 7)
		2.2   (API level 8)
		2.3   (API level 10)
		3.1   (API level 12)
		3.2   (API level 13)
		4.0   (API level 14)
		4.0.3 (API level 15)
		4.1   (API level 16)
		4.2   (API level 17)
		4.3   (API level 18)
		4.4   (API level 19)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 5.1.1 (5085)
Build 5B1008

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 1.10.0.4 (Business Edition)

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 7.2.6.28 (Business Edition)
Hash: 606f31a
Branch: 
Build date: 2014-08-01 15:27:48-0400

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 502010001
Git revision: d06832ce9807d6be24aca225457e8b37c7669f6f
Build date: 2014-08-07 12:10:47-04
Xamarin addins: 1de032531be4cecf2f39dbee3b87aac78204058c

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.9.3
Darwin Xamarin76s-Mac-mini.local 13.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0
    Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 2 Chris Hardy [MSFT] 2017-06-27 19:27:00 UTC
Unfortunately, we’re unable to reproduce this report. If this issue is still occurring for you, please reopen this issue and attach a reproduction to the bug by starting with a clean Xamarin.Android project adding just the code necessary to demonstrate the issue.