Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 7574 [details]
Sample Demonstrating the different rendering Programatically vs. Using XAML
If you add an ListView inside a TableView Section it will only show a partial rendering of the ListView even when the HeightRequested property is set to a high value.
The rest of the ListView will have no data, but empty rows as the sample shows. The previous fix was to calculate the row heights and set the HeightRequested Property to expand the TableSection. It no longer works.
My tests verify is that the XAML version of the sample page is rendering differently in Xamarin.Forms 18.104.22.16843 vs. 22.214.171.12429
I have checked this issue and able to reproduce it.
Steps to reproduce this issue.
1.Download above attachment.
2.Set showWorking variable to true( for running Code .CS file).
3.Run the application to see the behavior of .cs file.
4.Now, Set showWorking variable to false(for running Code .XAML file)
5.Again, Run the application to see the behavior of .xaml file.
I observed that UI is different for both .cs/.xaml file. In .cs file result is displaying as per expectation where as .xaml file does not giving the expected result when we set HeightRequest and WidthRequest.
I did not see any different behavior in rendering of page. I used following two xamarin version
I have checked this and it is fixed in Xamarin.Form 1.4.2.
The GroupHeaderTemplate Label in the programmatic UI was different then the XAML UI. Font properties of Large and Bold were not set the same causing a difference in UI layout for the headers. After making this change along with changing the font/background colors to match, everything matched up the same.