Bug 21715 - Number of error found in UITests run in Java 1.7 greater than those run in 1.6
Summary: Number of error found in UITests run in Java 1.7 greater than those run in 1.6
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: TestCloud
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-07-30 16:47 UTC by John Pilczak
Modified: 2014-08-28 15:12 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description John Pilczak 2014-07-30 16:47:27 UTC
I ran the SkeletonApp UITest on both versions and found a noticeable difference in the number of errors that appeared in the test.

JDK 1.6
https://testcloud.xamarin.com/app/0975ea1f-4370-4293-993a-30d942a1fd52/a5b800e2-d5c4-4d7a-8278-65bca906867e/

(1 error on each test on a total of 1 device)

JDK 1.7
https://testcloud.xamarin.com/app/0975ea1f-4370-4293-993a-30d942a1fd52/22e22ace-9283-4be5-995d-0f81c44409e2/

(10 errors total on 8 devices)

The one of the more noticeable differences in the tests was that the JDK 1.7 run included one that failed with a timeout failure whereas the JDK 1.6 run did not. This failure appeared on the Samsung Galaxy Y. I am not 100% sure whether the results are due to the JDK builds or not though because some testcloud runs have been inconsistent in terms of errors launching the app as opposed to the app having test failures.
Comment 1 John Pilczak 2014-08-28 15:12:04 UTC
I have ran the app a few more times on test cloud and am no longer seeing any more additional issues.