Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I have a ScrollView that has its Content set to a Grid that I am dynamically populating it's rows after loading the page's data. On Android the ScrollView behaves correctly, on iOS, the Grid renders outside of the bounds of the ScrollView.
### Steps to Reproduce:
Attached (private) is sample code for a page that replicates the issue.
### Actual Results:
Attached are two images showing the results on iOS vs Android.
### Expected Results:
The content would render the same on both platforms, inside the scrollview.
### Build Date & Platform:
It is now showing the same behavior in Android (and no longer in iOS oddly enough).
The problem is definitely a result of dynamically adding controls to the scrollview dynamically after loading data.
Set IsClippedToBounds = true after binding data to the controls in the ScrollView.
We have tried to reproduce this issue by following the steps mentioned in comment 7 and observed that for android this is working fine. But when we try to check this issue for iOS, we are getting an error and when we clicked on 'Continue Execution' button, screen gets loaded for few seconds and observed that scroll view is not clipped inside the gray rectangle.
Screencast : http://screencast.com/t/R94gDeqAnCo
Error Log : https://gist.github.com/Udham1/fbc9e334af409baf1dce
Application Output : https://gist.github.com/Udham1/3f2c835a541dbf6afcce
Could you please check this issue with latest Xamarin.Forms version and latest stable Xamarin builds and let us know if you are still getting this issue with your environment information. You can get environment info via "Xamarin Studio -> About Xamarin Studio -> Show Details"
Also please let us know if we missed any thing to reproduce this issue.
Xamarin.Forms : 188.8.131.5243
Environment Info :
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.2.1 (build 1)
Installation UUID: ce927b2a-2c07-44c5-b186-09cfdafba6dc
Mono 3.6.0 ((no/f540f8a)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 306000039
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 4.14.0 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarin76/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
1.6 (API level 4)
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
3.2 (API level 13)
4.0 (API level 14)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 5.1.1 (5085)
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 184.108.40.206 (Business Edition)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Business Edition)
Build date: 2014-08-01 15:27:48-0400
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 502010001
Git revision: d06832ce9807d6be24aca225457e8b37c7669f6f
Build date: 2014-08-07 12:10:47-04
Xamarin addins: 1de032531be4cecf2f39dbee3b87aac78204058c
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.9.3
Darwin Xamarin76s-Mac-mini.local 13.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0
Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014
I am not seeing this issue currently in iOS. The problem does occur (without the IsClippedToBounds = true workaround) on Android in the latest stable build, and when I tried the 1.2.3 pre-release 1, the IsClippedToBounds workaround no longer works.
BTW, I have not tried running the app in Xamarin Studio, I work in Visual Studio via the build host on the mac, so I don't know if that is the reason you are seeing the error that I am not.
This should be resolved