Bug 20435 - Web Reference to iOS Project not working consistently
Summary: Web Reference to iOS Project not working consistently
Status: RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Xamarin.iOS.dll ()
Version: 7.2.3
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: Untriaged
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-06-06 14:26 UTC by CJ Gehin-Scott
Modified: 2016-05-25 00:12 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Description CJ Gehin-Scott 2014-06-06 14:26:46 UTC
I am using a web reference to access Service Now through 2 SOAP calls.  The first SOAP call is successful and gets what it is supposed to, but the second call doesn't work.  I don't get back an error, but it doesn't return the data it is supposed to.  We are hitting a test instance of Service Now(https://iaastest.service-now.com/incident.do?WSDL and https://iaastest.service-now.com/sys_user.do?WSDL).  The "incident" Web Reference is the one that is not being completed.  I have checked the code in Visual Studio and it works no problem so I know there is nothing wrong on the Service-Now side of things.  The code is below:

String employeeID = "employeeID";
String emailPassword = "emailPassword";
try {
//Credential Object setup
userSrvc.ServiceNow_sys_user userClient = new userSrvc.ServiceNow_sys_user ();
System.Net.ICredentials creds = new System.Net.NetworkCredential (employeeID, emailPassword);
userClient.Credentials = creds;

//get the current user key using getKeys
userSrvc.MessageGetKeys keyObj = new userSrvc.MessageGetKeys ();
keyObj.user_name = employeeID;
userSrvc.MessageGetKeysResponse keyResponse = userClient.getKeys (keyObj);
var userKey = keyResponse.sys_id [0];

    //filter incident results by the current user using the userKey we just got back                                 incidentSrvc.ServiceNow_incident 
         incidentClient = new incidentSrvc.ServiceNow_incident ();
         incidentClient.Credentials = creds;
         incidentSrvc.MessageGetRecords incidentObj = new incidentSrvc.MessageGetRecords ();
         incidentObj.caller_id = userKey;
         incidentSrvc.MessageGetRecordsResponseGetRecordsResult[] userIncidents = incidentClient.getRecords (incidentObj);
         Console.WriteLine(userIncidents);
	} catch (Exception err) {

}
Comment 1 Udham Singh 2014-06-10 06:55:24 UTC
We have tried to reproduce this issue but not able to reproduce this. To reproduce this issue we have followed the steps below:

1. Create a simple iOS application.
2. Add "https://iaastest.service-now.com/incident.do?WSDL" and
"https://iaastest.service-now.com/sys_user.do?WSDL" web service reference into   application.
3. Implemented the code provide in bug description into created application.
4. Run and debug the application.

Here are my observations:

On Mac using XS : We are getting exceptions either "System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized" or "System.Net.WebException : The request timed out" if we implemented the code in method "ViewDidLoad ()".

On Windows using VS : After adding web reference in application, we are not able to get few classes like "MessageGetKeys", "MessageGetKeysResponse", "MessageGetRecords" and "MessageGetRecordsResponseGetRecordsResult".

Screencasts are mentioned below:

For Mac : http://screencast.com/t/1pZvA5Zww
For Windows : http://www.screencast.com/t/w6Rpv3EOWYW

Please let me know if I missed any step to reproduce this issue.
Could you please provide sample app, so that we can reproduce this issue at our end.

Environment info:

Mac OS X 10.9.2
Xamarin Studio : 5.0 (build 878)
Xamarin.iOS : 7.2.3.39
Build Information
Release ID: 500000878
Git revision: bcd66920d963483e7d638a2339c4022fe035b529
Build date: 2014-05-27 17:36:26-04
Xamarin addins: da9064ce55b0fa90930a7c437a4cc1ae0e5c778c


Windows 8.1
VS 2013
Xamarin 3.0.54
Comment 2 Sebastien Pouliot 2016-05-25 00:12:28 UTC
We have not received the requested information. If you are still experiencing this issue please provide all the requested information and re-open the bug report. Thanks!