Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 6854 [details]
Sample of snapping issue when zoomed out completely.
Inside the iOS Designer, after zooming out, snapping seems to get proportionally less accurate.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a storyboard in iOS Designer.
2. Zoom out as much as possible in Designer (using [-] icon).
3. Drag Label from Toolbar (e.g., snapped to center of storyboard).
4. Grab side handle and drag to stretch to a snap position (e.g., line up with edge of other control).
5. Release drag and label will snap to a location somewhere between original position and highlighted snap location.
[6. Repeat to get closer and closer to highlighted location.]
* Control handle should snap to the highlighted location.
* Repeating the same snap shouldn't change anything.
* Control handle snaps to a location visible different from highlighted location.
* Repeatedly attempting the same snap will result in the handle getting closer to the highlighted location.
* Attached is a GIF of this happening.
* Xamarin for Visual Studio v126.96.36.199
Checked, when designer is zoomed out Snapping occurs and not matching release location
XVS 188.8.131.52 (5d5135d4b7089f5705708f108eeb81962f934703)
Xamarin.iOS Version: 184.108.40.206 Hash: fc6f56b
*** Bug 22669 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 20633 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 21656 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Should be fixed as part of the native surface work.