Bug 19453 - Getting "NSInternalInconsistencyException Could not load NIB in bundle" when using a library built with Xamarin that contains a xib
Summary: Getting "NSInternalInconsistencyException Could not load NIB in bundle" when ...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Visual Studio Extensions
Classification: Xamarin
Component: iOS ()
Version: 1.10.x
Hardware: PC Windows
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-05-01 11:20 UTC by Alexandre Pepin
Modified: 2015-10-06 16:20 UTC (History)
11 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
Sample project (92.55 KB, application/zip)
2014-05-01 11:21 UTC, Alexandre Pepin
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Alexandre Pepin 2014-05-01 11:20:58 UTC
If you open the iPadTest project with visual studio and try to run it, you get a "MonoTouch.Foundation.MonoTouchException: Objective-C exception thrown.  Name: NSInternalInconsistencyException Reason: Could not load NIB in bundle" when it tries to load the nib in my LibraryTest project.

If you open the iPadTest project in Xamarin Studio on a mac, there is no problem.

The LibraryTest project is build with Xamarin Studio on a mac and the iPadTest project referenced the dll
Comment 1 Alexandre Pepin 2014-05-01 11:21:57 UTC
Created attachment 6695 [details]
Sample project
Comment 2 Udham Singh 2014-05-01 12:33:12 UTC
I have checked this issue with sample project attached in comment 1 and observed the same behavior mentioned in bug description.

Screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/8cCNwBEv

Output Log : https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/1f4c585de6c868a19e32

Environment Info:

Windows 8.1
VS 2013
Xamarin.iOS 1.10.47 and 1.10.53
Comment 7 Joaquin Jares 2015-10-06 16:20:14 UTC
We made a lot of changes in this part of the code for stability and performance improvements and it's likely that this bug doesn't exist anymore (specially since 27990 is marked as verified now). Marking as fixed for retesting.