Bug 19029 - Performance issues
Summary: Performance issues
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: Documentation
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Mono for Android ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Andrew Way
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-04-14 07:17 UTC by ananth
Modified: 2014-06-12 19:11 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
serialization numbers (11.70 KB, application/octet-stream)
2014-04-14 07:17 UTC, ananth
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report for Bug 19029 on Developer Community or GitHub if you have new information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.

If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the original description:

  • Export the original title and description: Developer Community HTML or GitHub Markdown
  • Copy the title and description into the new report. Adjust them to be up-to-date if needed.
  • Add your new information.

In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments: GitHub Markdown with public comments

Related Links:
Status:
NEW

Description ananth 2014-04-14 07:17:57 UTC
Created attachment 6574 [details]
serialization numbers

We are planning to replace the following libraries in CCUBE with the new ones mentioned below as per your suggestions in the code review meeting. In this regard could you please share the performance improvement numbers that we could achieve with the new libraries. We need to take these numbers to business to justify these changes.
 
Also when we tried to get the benchmarking done for serialization and deserialization bit we found that the results were not encouraging on IOS and android (it is good on windows). PFA the excel sheet that captures the test code, the hardware used for testing and the performance numbers 
 

Given that the results were not encouraging we would need the your help on the following:

 

1. Review the code that we have shared in the excel sheet and let us know if we are missing something.

2. Share the comparison of performance numbers of the below mentioned libraries for benchmarking.

 

 
Old Library - RestSharp for http access
 New library- PCL HttpClient and modern HttpClient for Android and iOS.
  Description/Query- Need comparison of the performance numbers for benchmarking.
 
Old Library - RestSharp for Json Serializers
  New library- PCL-JSON.NET
 Description/Query-  Need comparison of the performance numbers for benchmarking.
 
Old Library - SQLIte.cs
 New library-  PCL SQLite and respective platform specific SQLite injected
 Description/Query-  Need comparison of the performance numbers for benchmarking.
 
 
  
Please let me know if you need more information.