Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 6554 [details]
Error in line 714.
See the screenshot attached. Unfortunately the value of result.InnerAsyncResult isn't available within the debugger at that time.
I face that error randomly when doing multipart uploads.
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Business Edition)
Build date: 2014-04-02 17:22:19-0400
Do you have a test project we can use to reproduce this?
Unfortunately not, it's not really reproducable but occurs randomly. The regarding project is too large and complex to provide.
I have also started getting this error since the upgrade to Xamarin.iOS 7.2.1 that I did last week, and have not had any problems before that so I really think it is to do with the upgrade.
It's crashing on line 721 for me:
System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.WriteRequestAsyncCB (IAsyncResult ar) [0x00007] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnectionStream.cs:721
at System.Net.WebAsyncResult.CB (System.Object unused) [0x00000] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebAsyncResult.cs:151
I can't reproduce it unfortunately, but it's happened 3 time in 3 days, so far.
Martin, this looks like your area.
Some more info in that other bug.
Martin, which other bug?
Martin, can you identify which mono commit solved this issue ?
Something similar has been reported on the forums  but this was closed without any details, so I'm not sure if that was released in 7.2.1 (the milestone) or only in master.
*** Bug 19850 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Hi Rolf, can you give an indication of which release and when this fix is likely to be available?
I'm getting the same exception as BB using the latest Xamarin.Android. Nearly every other webrequest crashes the app. Was able to downgrade the build machine to Xamarin.Android 4.12.3 which doesn't seem to have this issue.
See this error on both platforms after upgrading to Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199 and Xamarin.Android 4.12.4
The same bug: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=20165
I'm also seeing the same error as Dmitry and others have described using the latest stable builds. The error is intermittent but seems to occur most often during application startup and resume for me. Obviously this is a showstopper for app store submission. Can we get some confirmation on what build this fix has/will be released with or what build we should roll back to (and how)? Much thanks.
@Alex, Xamarin.iOS 7.2.0 does not have this problem, it was introduced with Xamarin.iOS 7.2.1. You can download earlier versions from your Xamarin Store account (https://store.xamarin.com/account/my/subscription/downloads)
Can someone please confirm which version this is now fixed in? I am still stuck using 7.2.0 until this has been fixed in a stable version...
I'm not 100% sure as this bug does not have a commit revision or a release information. @Martin could confirm this.
XI 7.2.4  was an hotfix release that contained several HTTP stack fixes - and the dates match.
Not entirely sure about the exact commit number, but Mono 3.6 and anything more recent has it.
Seriously, as this is an intermittent bug, I really do need 100% confirmation if this is fixed in a stable version.
The latest version Xamarin Studio is offering me is:
Mono Framework 188.8.131.52
Xamarin Studio 5.2.11
The release notes for Mono 3.6 don't mention this bug number (#18944):
so please confirm if I upgrade that this bug is fixed.