Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
For certain projects, setting the linker mode to a value other than "None" leads to incorrect line numbers when debugging.
Perhaps there are two slightly different fixes needed:
1. Linker ON and "Use Shared Runtime" ON. Maybe the linking build step can be skipped entirely in this case?
2. Linker ON and "Use Shared Runtime" OFF. Maybe this case can be fixed so that the `mdb` files point to the correct line numbers? Alternatively, maybe the behavior of debugging with linking enabled is explicitly unsupported?
## Additional information
### Changes that keep showing the incorrect line numbers
- Disabling "Use Shared Runtime".
### Changes that produce the "expected" line numbers
- Enabling "Fast Deployment".
- Deleting most of the contents of the "Lib" project in the attached test case.
- Replacing most of the code in the "Lib" project with "random" code from the Mono base class libraries.
## Version information
Tested with Xamarin.Android 4.12.02001, Xamarin.Android 4.10.02014, and xamarinvs-master.
Fixed in master
*** Bug 32383 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***