Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Description of Problem:
by Xamarin.iOS 1.10.47
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. make new project of iPhone Project by visual studio 2013.
2. double click info.plist.
3. input "Application name", "Identifier" and "Develoyment" etc.
4. save and close info.plist.
5. open info.plist, agein.
6. "Application name" is not applied.
You cannot save to info.plist.
When You modified to info.plist by notepad,
this project is able to iOS application.
I think that I have save by Info.plist.
How often does this happen?
Created attachment 6343 [details]
We have checked as per description and able to save application name in Info.plist successfully. Checked with and without connecting to build host both.
Screencast for this: http://screencast.com/t/VmSUUoRt
Could you please re-recheck this again. Also if you are still encountering this problem please assign back with detailed test steps and screenshot.
MTVS 1.10.47 (3d6a125d)
I see, error pattern.
When I select "File" -> "Save info.plist", it is saved.
When I select "File" -> "Save All", it is NOT saved.
I have checked with following steps to reproduce this issue.
1. Create a new project of iPhone Project by visual studio 2013.
2. Double click on info.plist.
3. Input "Application name", "Identifier", Version and "Develoyment" etc.
4. Click on 'Save All' from File Menu and close info.plist.
5. Open info.plist, again.
6. "Application name", "Identifier" and "Version" detail was missing.
Screen Cast Info : http://screencast.com/t/e3C0AR2GYfc6
Visual Studio 2013
Quick fix.. try closing and opening the info.plist, multiple times and you may be prompted with a dialog window to use consist line endings in some form..
I use Git so that may have been playing with the line endings.
Once I told visual studio 2013 to just use windows line endings everything started working ok.
Hope this helps
I know it's been some time, but just in case someone runs into this bug: we know our info.plist experience is not the best and we have some work scheduled to completely redo it. Meanwhile, anything that's editable in the plist is editable too in the property pages of iOS projects, and that works way better. The workaround, for the moment, is to use that instead of the plist editor.
This has been fixed as part of the manifest editor improvements.