Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 18266 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Null values are returned in sub-classed objects when using a WCF generated proxy with request/response values that uses inheritance.
For more info, see http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/14457/need-help-with-issue-regarding-web-services-potential-bug#latest
I have checked the issue and able to reproduce it.
To reproduce this issue I have implemented the code
provided into bug description.
Can you tell me if this bug has always existed? Or would I be able to downgrade to a certain version of Xamarin Android where the bug doesn't exist?
@Craig: It has likely always existed.
@Udham: Are you able to reproduce this on "desktop" Mono? I doubt this is Android-specific. Providing a simplified test case would also help.
I have checked this issue on windows and able to reproduce it by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Create a sample android application in VS 2013.
2. Generate the proxy using command below:
SlSvcUtil.exe https://www.vectren.com/webservices/cxf/contentService?wsdl /directory:E:\Testing\test_10__mar_2014\bug_18266\bug_18266 /n:*,Vectren.Mobile.Shared.Services.Content /o:ContentService.cs
3. Implement the code provided into bug description.
4. Debug the code for the error
Herewith I have attached the Sample Project for reference.
And when I am trying to reproduce it on "desktop" mono, not able to invoke the service method "service_getContentListCompleted".
> And when I am trying to reproduce it on "desktop" mono, not able to invoke the
> service method "service_getContentListCompleted".
That's because you used `slsvcutil`, which produces Silverlight-style output. Please use `svcutil` (the non-Silverlight generator) and run on Desktop mono. (The WCF backends _should_ be the same, so I'm hopeful that it'll still fail on Mono...)