Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Hi, I'm lambdalice and from Nemerle Forum.
We find that the [GetAssemblyIdentity]( https://github.com/mono/mono/blob/master/mcs/class/Microsoft.Build.Tasks/Microsoft.Build.Tasks/GetAssemblyIdentity.cs ) left unimplemented.
The implementation of this task will be very simple;
1. get the assembly's name, version, and culture from ITaskItem AssemblyFiles
2. put the information into ITaskItem Assemblies
The [description in MSDN]( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms164296.aspx ) says that:
> The items output by the Assemblies parameter contain item metadata entries named Version, PublicKeyToken, and Culture.
And assembly's information can be got using [System.Reflection.AssemblyName]( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.reflection.assemblyname.aspx ).
They will be helpful for writing the code.
I wish If I could write a code and send a pullreq.
But I've looked the disassembled one of Microsoft's implementation for researching our problem, so I can't do it anyway (afaik it's one of the Mono's contribution rules).
Please implement it before the Mono 3.4.0 released, and Nemerle Compiler will be able to be compiled on Mono.
Best Regards, lambdalice
I don't have time to build unit tests it check behavior against .NET, but here's a first pass attempt at implementing based in the docs and the info you gave: https://gist.github.com/mhutch/9423610
Let me know if there's anything wrong with it and I'll clean it up and commit.
Thanks for replying, Michael.
The code looks fine, but there is an implementation that don't match to the MSBuild's one.
I wrote a test code: https://github.com/lambdalice/GetAssemblyIdentityTest
And tested it in windows.
asm: GetAssemblyIdentityTest, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=344d0827edec309a
but I tried with your's code I got:
I found out that "new TaskItem (string)" sets the behavior.
It is correct using "new TaskItem (an.FullName)" instead of "new TaskItem (an.Name)".
Thanks so much!