Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1) Create a new project
2) Build it and click on Run -> Run
3) I'm prompted to select an emulator
4) I click on an emulator and then I have to click on 'Start'.
5) The emulator takes a minute or so to boot up.
6) I wait for my application to start
7) Nothing happens
8) I look for it in the applications list
9) It's not there
10) I go back to MD and the emulator selection screen is still there
11) My only option is to hit 'cancel'
12) I do not want to cancel, i want to run my app. I just started the emulator!!
13) After quitting the emulator and retrying I eventually realise that I need to click 'refresh' after my emulator has started and I will now be able to select my emulator and click on 'ok' as the button will now be enabled
14) Now my app finally uploads and runs
We should be able to cut out steps 7-13 really. Is there any reason in particular why we cannot automatically figure out when the emulator has started up and upload the app immediately?
Alan, is this still an issue?
I didn't fix it, so i presume so.
Greg, can you review if this is fixed?
This is fixed, the new device selector and workflow (plus XAP) make this a better experience.