Bug 16921 - MsBuild targets from Microsoft.Bcl.Build NuGet package when built with XS on Mac are incorrect
Summary: MsBuild targets from Microsoft.Bcl.Build NuGet package when built with XS on ...
Status: RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: Visual Studio Extensions
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: 1.8.x
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-12-20 13:06 UTC by Jon Goldberger [MSFT]
Modified: 2015-08-04 09:33 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
Test Project (4.87 MB, application/zip)
2013-12-20 13:24 UTC, Jon Goldberger [MSFT]
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Comment 1 Jon Goldberger [MSFT] 2013-12-20 13:08:30 UTC
From case 55004:
Also I'm experiencing another problem now, with MsBuild targets from
Microsoft.Bcl.Build NuGet package on Mac, I'm not sure if it's Mono or
package's problem. Try to build attached solution on Windows (both Xamarin
Studio and Visual Studio) and then on Mac. On Mac build fails, probably
because of wrong path returned by GetTargetPath target.
--------------------------------------------------------
I've tried to reference project's .dll from bin folder too and it
worked, but it's not good solution I think. That's why I've tried to
investigate what's wrong with Microsoft.Bcl.Build.targets and I've found
that they trying to conditionally replace GetTargetPath target with
BclBuildGetTargetPath target and when their GetTargetPath and as a result
we get no/wrong target .dll path. So I just commented
Microsoft.Bcl.Build.targets
GetTargetPath out and everything compiled and worked as intended.
---------------------------------------------------------
Xamarin.Android version 4.10.1
Comment 2 Jon Goldberger [MSFT] 2013-12-20 13:24:52 UTC
Created attachment 5707 [details]
Test Project
Comment 3 Udham Singh 2015-08-04 09:33:18 UTC
I have checked this issue with latest stable builds but not able to reproduce this. To reproduce this issue I have tried to build the attached solution (comment 1) in VS and XS on windows and able to build it successfully. After that I opened the same solution on Mac and able to build it successfully.

For now I am closing this issue. If you are still getting this issue, please feel free to reopen this issue.

Thanks!