Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
As the title indicates, the iOS plugin is failing to load when Visual Studio is set to a language other than English (in our case, Japanese). This has been replicated on two separate machines. Here are the steps:
1) Install Visual Studio 2013 (Professional in our case) in a language other than English (Japanese in our case) or download the Japanese language pack (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40783) and change the language to Japanese.
2) Install Xamarin via the universal installer
3) Open Visual Studio 2013 and navigate to Tools -> Options -> Xamarin and you will get an error message about the plugin being unable to load.
4) Download and install the Visual Studio English Language Pack (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40783) or switch back to English if you already have the option available.
5) Switch Visual Studio's language to English and see that the Xamarin settings pane now works correctly
6) [OPTIONAL] Switch the language back to Japanese and watch it fail again.
NOTE: The Android plugin fails in the same manner
Oh, forgot to mention, I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit.
We have checked with following steps and getting not plugin fail behavior.
Steps we followed:
1. Downloaded and installed Japanese language pack in English VS
2. Selected Japanese language and restarted VS.
3. Navigate to Tools -> Options -> Xamarin and plugin for Android/iOS are loaded correctly.
Could you please recheck this with latest stable builds? If you are still getting the same problem please provide the logs from place:
In VS: IDE log: Location: C:\User\AppData\Local\Xamarin\Log\
(Devenev file with latest timestamp)
assigning to Jim Borden for confimation
as per Prashant comment
Marking as resolved fixed.
Please feel free to reopen the issue if you can still reproduce it with current bits.