Bug 16392 - Confict with DevExpress CodeRush context menus
Summary: Confict with DevExpress CodeRush context menus
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Visual Studio Extensions
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Android ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Windows
: High normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Adrian
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-11-21 15:29 UTC by Neal
Modified: 2016-08-03 15:24 UTC (History)
7 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Neal 2013-11-21 15:29:12 UTC
Hello,

With Xamarin.Android installed in Visual Studio the DevExpress CodeRush functionality is now a conflict.  I noticed I could not do things like the Collapse to Projects when right-clicking on the solution node in the solution explorer.  Various context menus in the code editor don't appear such as the "Resolve" menu.  After uninstalling Xamarin.Android to determine the cause of the DevExpress issues CodeRush then again functioned properly.  Please investigate this issue and/or work with DevExpress to play nice together in Visual Studio.  This was never a problem until VS 2013 support was introduced and the problem occurs in both VS 2012 and VS 2013 with your latest version.

https://www.devexpress.com/Support/Center/Question/Details/Q539531
Comment 1 Neal 2013-11-24 10:40:35 UTC
Actually the Xamarin.Android VS add-in is causing much bigger issues than I first thought.  Not only does it affect DevExpress but it also affects other add-ins including CodeSmart vs10x and even VS.NET's notifications of extension updates.

Your add-in is causing a major conflict such that I am forced to remove it.  Please escalate this case to blocker.
Comment 2 Adrian 2013-12-03 14:28:01 UTC
This is fixed in 1.10. I was able to reproduce it with 1.8 but not with 1.10. Probably the cause of the issue was the incorrect VS references to MEF in 2012 and 2013 which were fixed in 1.10.
Comment 3 Adrian 2013-12-04 09:37:23 UTC
To be fixed in 1.10 is enough? Could you please double check if it also works for you with 1.10?
Comment 4 Neal 2013-12-04 11:25:04 UTC
I don't understand your question or your versioning.  What is 1.10?  I downloaded the latest stable for Windows yesterday, 4.10.1 Nov 14th and the problem remained.
Comment 6 Dominique Louis 2013-12-04 11:31:29 UTC
Adrian, if you hover over Neal's name you will see he is not part of Xamarin or Logica. He is a customer and as such will not have access to 1.10 yet, as it is going through QA.

Also 1.10 of iOS will be released with 4.10.2 of Android. So Neal you will need to wait for the 4.10.2 release of Xamarin.Android for this fix.

I hope the above makes sense.
Comment 7 Adrian 2013-12-04 11:33:59 UTC
Ah ok! Sorry for that. I did not realize that. So yes, it should be fixed in the next release.
Comment 8 Neal 2013-12-04 11:36:52 UTC
Thanks all.  No worries.  Looking forward to a new stable build so I can use VS 2013 again.