Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
An update to the above issue :
The Trace.0.logs I have mentioned in above description is actually "IDE" logs.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regression Status : This issue also exist with stable XS 4.2 (build 2).
*** Bug 16265 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Okay, I think I figured this one out.
It happen if you have an invalid license file, so XS displays the activation dialog, but the initial re-sync performed by the activation dialog fixes the licenses. It still tries to display the error, but there is no error to display, hence the NRE.
There was an additional problem where expired license errors were triggering the Invalid License workflow.
Fix in md-addins 3ff5c562d1f2f255ecefd8e56e9ba751d2c3b7fe and 1962f5c86222b10d479c945c582fed9b20571b8a
Today I have checked this issue with following builds:
X.S 4.2.1(build 4)
Now we are not getting unhandled exception. This is the screencast for the same: http://screencast.com/t/KK0ZCcQG
Changing the status to Verified.