Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 5409 [details]
> Failed to resolve "System.Void System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute::.ctor()" reference from "mscorlib, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
> mmp exited with code 1
## Steps to reproduce
1. Unzip attached test case.
2. Open the MutableAttributedTest project.
3. Attempt to run the project in Release mode so that `mmp` tries to link it with "Link All".
The ExtensionAttribute can't be resolved. It looks like the problem is that in TargetFrameworkVersion v4.0 this attribute is located in System.Core.dll rather than mscorlib.dll (see also bug #7888).
1. Workaround at the `mmp` step: set the target framework to 4.5  in the MutableAttributeTest.csproj project file.
>  <TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.5</TargetFrameworkVersion>
2. Workaround at the `bmac` step: recompile the `NSAttributedStringExtensions` assembly using bmac, but add `--compiler=dmcs` to the command line . Copy the resulting `.dll` into the `MutableAttributedTest/lib` directory.
>  /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/usr/bin/bmac -oNSAttributedStringExtensions.dll --sdk=4 --compiler=dmcs --tmpdir=/tmp -baselib=/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/mono/XamMac.dll --ns=MonoMac.AppKit -r:System.Drawing NSAttributedStringExtensions.cs
Sorry for the delay in responding to this bug.
This appears fixed in the latest Xamarin.Mac. Please reopen if you still have problems with a more recent version.