Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open or create android application.
2. Open Project option.
3. Select Build->Target Framework.
4. Select any target.
5. Click OK button.
6. Again go to Build->Target Framework.
7. Observe that no changes happens in Target Framework
Actual Result: User unable to set target framework.
Expected Result: User should able to set target framework.
All Mac and Windows
X.S 4.0.13(build 39)
This is working fine with stable X.Android 4.8.3-15
@Nischal: For fun, what is the <TargetFrameworkVersion/> value within the .csproj after you make that change? What about the <AndroidUseLatestPlatformSdk/> element?
My _guess_ is that <AndroidUseLatestPlatformSdk/> is True, which is why it's always showing 4.3 when you return to the Properties dialog.
Looks like a dup of bug 13514. Which is odd, because the fix for that should be in 4.0.13.
I can't repro on master, anyway.
@Jonathon: As per your suggestion, we have checked .csproj for the value of <AndroidUseLatestPlatformSdk/> and it says: True in .csproj, if we change this from True to False then it works fine as per our expectation and we are able to set target frame work.
Given that we want to be releasing this MFA ~tomorrow, this has become fairly critical.
This was happening a while back, and according to GitHub, the fixes are in 4.0.13.
However, looking at the XA version (4.10.0) it looks like this might be another bug only affecting old versions, since due to the version parsing issue, XA would consider this to be version 4.1.0.
Today we have checked this issue with following builds :
XS 4.0.14 (build 3)
Now user is able to set target framework.
Hence verifying this issue.
*** Bug 15606 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***