Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 702 [details]
See test case. Unzip it, and try to open the sln with MonoDevelop.
This triggers an unhandled exception. At this point, I cannot unfold the "Details", as the program has frozen.
I just tried to reproduce this bug on 2.8.2 and also with the latest code from our repository and it worked perfectly. I was testing on MacOS so this could easily be a windows-only issue. As such, could you try with 2.8.2 on Windows and see if that has fixed your issue. If it still happens with 2.8.2 on windows then I will have to get a VM working to diagnose and fix the issue.
Another engineer has just tested this solution with MonoDevelop 2.8.2 on Windows and it worked fine. As such I think the issue has been resolved and so am closing the bug. If you do still experience this issue, please re-open the bug and we will fix it for you.
This is weird. I updated to 2.8.2, tried to open the solution, and it crashed again. It seemed to have gotten stuck in a loop or something, as an empty dialog window kept flickering until I had to kill MonoDevelop.
Then, I tried to open a copy of the same solution, located elsewhere, just in case. It worked. As I open the solution, I got a dialog window telling me "The Subversion add-in could not be initialized", making me wonder if that's what caused the crash in the first place.
Then, I tried to reopen the solution from the location that crashed before, but I couldn't get it to crash anymore, it works every time now.