Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
There are gdk issues on MacOS that are affecting popup menus in XS.
1. Mouse down on the combo
2. Find the target I want (you also list invalid targets)
3. Wait for the submenu to appear
4. Very carefully drag right so as to not lose my main selection
5. Notice that the sub menus have a bug and don't track my held mouse (GDK!!!!)
6. Let go only to have the menu close without selecting anything
7. Mouse down on the combo (again)
8. Find the target I want (again)
9. Wait for the submenu to appear (again)
10. Let go of the mouse (<-- critical step due to menu bugs)
11. Very carefully move right so as to not lose my main selection
12. Click on the submenu
Jeff fixed the XS parts of this, I'm copying over here to track the gdk issues as a separate bug.
So I managed to reproduce the issues in XS:
1. Create a Universal iOS app
2. Selected iPhone Retina (4-inch)
3. Opened the menu again
At this point the menu has centered itself for some reason, but there are not enough menuitems below so we see the black bar. You can mouse-scroll up and down (which you shouldn't be able to do), but once you mouse-scroll all the way back up to the top then the menu corrects itself and won't mouse-scroll anymore, and the black bar is gone.
Also important: XS must be at the top of the screen.
May have been introduced by https://github.com/mono/bockbuild/blob/master/packages/patches/gtk/0005-gtk-don-t-scroll-combo-box-menus-if-less-than-3-item.patch
*** Bug 16339 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 16562 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 19462 ***