Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
This bit me today; very annoying:
1. Start Xamarin Studio.
2. Hit File > Open...
3. File Open dialog appears.
4. Meanwhile, somehow, the Updater dialog "appears" BEHIND the Open dialog. I don't see this.
5. Within (3), navigate to a file, hit Open button.
6. Nothing happens.
7. Repeat (5) & (6). Fear for sanity.
8. Realize that the Updater dialog (4) was present, not visible.
9. Dismiss Updater dialog. Open dialog works normally.
What version of XS? I thought I fixed this a while back.
*** Bug 22396 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
In my testing of this the updater window always waits for the Open dialog to be closed before appearing.
Yes, the updater dialog is only shown when the main window has focus.