Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Have a class Foo in a library, which defines a virtual method Bar().
2. Create a project inside MonoDevelop, link to the library mentioned above (to its binary).
3. Create a class Baz which inherits from Foo, which has a method that overrides Bar ().
4. Right-click on the method's name mentioned in step 3.
5. Click on "Go to Base Symbol".
Should open class Foo, method Bar() in assembly browser.