Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set the DesiredLength (say 30 seconds) in the StoreVideoOptions.
2. Run the app and record a video
3. When the video times out after 30 seconds, a warning dialog appears telling the user that the video has gone over the time limit.
4. The "Use" button is visible and has focused.
5. Click on the "Use" button.
=> Problem is nothing is returned to the calling code.
Either the video should be trimmed to 30 seconds or the "Use" button should not be visible and the user forced to retake the video.
=== CODE ===
Name = videoFileName,
Directory = string.Empty,
DefaultCamera = CameraDevice.Front,
Quality = VideoQuality.Medium,
DesiredLength = seconds
this.picker = null;
this.videoCaptureCancellation = null;
// User cancelled.
if (t.Exception != null)
// User will have the option to retry the recording.
this.VideoFileFullPath = t.Result.Path;
Thanks for reporting this issue. I tried this out on my iOS device and I believe it was fixed in a later version. It works for me with version 0.7.7.
I also would like to point out that the Mobile API is being deprecated in favor of various plugins (which have the equivalent/same API):
- Contacts: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xam.Plugin.Contacts
- Geolocator: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xam.Plugin.Geolocator
- Media: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xam.Plugin.Media
This plugin model has several advantages:
- Each plugin is independent, and can be updated as such
- It is no longer an all-or-nothing package
- Plugins can be mixed/replaced with other plugins that offer similar features
Thanks for using the Mobile API, and we hope that the new plugin model will enable you to produce even better mobile apps.