Bug 13019 - ABI's getting serialized incorrectly into .csproj file using %3b instead of comma
Summary: ABI's getting serialized incorrectly into .csproj file using %3b instead of c...
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Visual Studio Extensions
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Android ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Dominique Louis
URL:
: 14711 ()
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-07-02 15:27 UTC by Neal
Modified: 2016-08-03 15:25 UTC (History)
7 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Description Neal 2013-07-02 15:27:19 UTC
John identified this a week or two ago when I asked why on the Mac I don't have any ABI's checked and they are all checked in Visual Studio.  It happened again.  I have been working in Visual Studio and after the latest beta update I tried Mac again.  I pulled the latest from SVN and again, no ABI's checked.  I checked my .csproj file and it has the following:

<AndroidSupportedAbis>armeabi-v7a%3bx86</AndroidSupportedAbis>

%3b should be a comma
Comment 1 Neal 2013-08-24 09:06:50 UTC
This continues to be a problem and essentially blocks the ability to work on a problem on both Mac and Windows at the same time as the .csproj file is broken from this issue.

The supported Abi's element is serialized differently in VS vs. XS (Mac)
Comment 2 Dominique Louis 2013-10-14 04:58:51 UTC
*** Bug 14711 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 3 Dominique Louis 2013-10-14 06:02:16 UTC
This should be fixed in the next public Alpha release, assuming our QA team approves the fix.
Comment 4 narayanp 2013-12-16 09:16:06 UTC
Today I have checked this issue with following builds:

All Mac and Windows
X.S 4.2.2(build 2)
X.Android 4.11.0.208

After checking all Abis in VS when opening .csproj it is showing  <AndroidSupportedAbis>armeabi,armeabi-v7a,x86</AndroidSupportedAbis>. This is the screencast for the same: http://screencast.com/t/EghTyjf3

While on Mac all Abis are checked and after opening .csproj it shows <AndroidSupportedAbis>armeabi;armeabi-v7a;x86</AndroidSupportedAbis>