Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1) Open a c# project's code formatting settings
2) Uncheck the inheritance checkbox to allow custom text-style settings
3) Decrease the two indent/tab-width fields to 2 each
4) Click okay
5) See that the currently edited code is virtually outdented successfully (which is correct)
6) Restart MD, reopen project, reopen file
7) The visible tab width swapped back to 4 (default) again. There's the misbehaviour.
8) Opening & closing the project settings in expectation of a style update won't change anything as there were no settings modified.
This bug is no longer reproducible. If this happens again, please file a new bug report.