Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
ToString of an enum which satisfies below conditions both a) and b), that fails with System.ExecutionEngineException on actual device.
a). enum contains 8 (or more) elements
b). Its underlying type is one of except Int32
For example, that definition is;
public enum MyEnum8ElementsInUInt16 : ushort
Zero = 0
, One = 1
, Two = 2
, Three = 3
, Four = 4
, Five = 5
, Six = 6
, Seven = 7
and with such a calling;
then you will get below messages;
System.ExecutionEngineException : Attempting to JIT compile method 'System.Array:QSortArrange<uint, object> (uint,object,int,int)' while running with --aot-only. See http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/about/limitations for more information.
at System.Array.qsort[UInt32,Object] (System.UInt32 keys, System.Object items, Int32 low0, Int32 high0) [0x000ee] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:2002
at System.Array.SortImpl (System.Array keys, System.Array items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer comparer) [0x00150] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:1451
at System.Array.Sort (System.Array keys, System.Array items, IComparer comparer) [0x00047] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:1344
at System.MonoEnumInfo.SortEnums (System.Type et, System.Array values, System.Array names) [0x0007d] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Enum.cs:204
at System.MonoEnumInfo.GetInfo (System.Type enumType, System.MonoEnumInfo& info) [0x00084] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Enum.cs:179
at System.Enum.GetName (System.Type enumType, System.Object value) [0x0004c] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Enum.cs:399
at System.Enum.Format (System.Type enumType, System.Object value, System.String format) [0x0013b] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Enum.cs:974
at System.Enum.ToString (System.String format, IFormatProvider provider) [0x0001d] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Enum.cs:691
at System.Enum.ToString (IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Enum.cs:672
at System.Convert.ToString (System.Object value, IFormatProvider provider) [0x0000b] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Convert.cs:1691
at System.Convert.ToString (System.Object value) [0x00000] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/Convert.cs:1685
at XamariniOSUnitTest.EnumTest.EnumToStringTest () [0x00016] in /Users/tome/devel/Projects/TestLib/XamariniOSUnitTest/EnumTest.cs:68
Please check the attached test case.
FYI On 6.2.x is OK indeed.
I actually understand that this is just an alpha version yet but the porting is not so easy for client side also.
I only want the PIE (Position Independent Executable) feature of 6.3.6 to release apps to the Apple iTunes Store.
Don't you have a plan to backport that into 6.2.x ?
Created attachment 4085 [details]
Enum.ToString test case
Note that Apple only warns about your executable not being PIE - they don't prevent you from publishing it. In any case we are planning to backport that fix to 6.2.*, but we don't have a firm date yet.
I added your test case to our unit tests and it works fine with the latest 6.3.7, IOW it's already fixed. Please update (there's a lot of similar fixes) and let us know if you encounter similar issues.
QA: unit tests added in master-3.0 34051799b26697df30e480ac9411351d5cfc187b
Today we have checked this issue with following builds:
Mac Lion 10.7.4
X.S 4.0.10(build 7)
We have created a iOS Unit Test project and added attached file in this project and run the application on iOS device. This is working fine and we are able to navigate to EnumTest. This is the gist of output: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/60c90f52133baed80949
Changing the status to Verified.