Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select Debug Build
2. Select Device to Debug Against
3. Launch the debugger to deploy and attach to the phone.
4. Make sure the app launched properly but do not interact with it.
5. Walk away from your desk, get coffee and so forth until the phone has time to lock (20 minutes i'd say)
6. Come back to desk and unlock the phone
7. Try to interact with the app by tapping buttons etc. The app will hang.
8. Click the "Stop" button in Xamarin studio.
9. Relaunch the app
10. Note the debugger never reconnects. Application output below...
Please ensure your device is connected...
Connected to: iMattCuda
Launching /private/var/mobile/Applications/B8AA8B2C-B971-4468-A0E3-975EC6E219C3/iECDDatasource.app -debugtrack -monodevelop-port 10000 -connection-mode usb
That is as far as it gets. The only way to get it to start working again is to restart Xamarin studio. It appears to be some kind of threading and timeout issue. The IDE acts as is there is a thread blocking or file IO locking.
Still broken. Works in xcode, not in Xamarin.
I can't reproduce this.
When the device locks, the debugger session is immediately terminated in Visual Studio for Mac (this is expected, iOS terminates the networking connection between the debugger and the debugee).
If I unlock the device, I'm still able to interact with the app.
I'm closing this now; please reopen if you're still having problems, and we'll have another look at it.