Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce in Xamarin Studio 4.1.2
1. Create a new project - single view app will do.
2. Open up the MainStoryboard.
3. Place a button anywhere - the button will drop where placed.
4. Zoom out 1 step.
5. Place another button - the button will not drop where intended.
6. Try to replace the button by dragging it with the mouse. You will notice the button registers "off" when dragged.
7. Zoom in 1 step.
8. Redo steps 5 & 6 and the button placement is as expected.
Tihs should be fixed in the last few alphas. Thanks for reporting the issue.