Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
In order to test the Google Maps component, I made a solution called "GoogleMaps".
Then I added the Google Maps component from the component store and set the API key.
Upon execution in the iOS Simulator, I get a TypeLoadException.
The reason is the name of the solution: seems like GoogleMaps.exe conflicts with GoogleMaps.dll
I think, XS should give the developer better feedback about the actual problem instead of throwing a TypeLoadException.
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 4.0.3 (build 13)
Installation UUID: c63b6eeb-e7fb-422c-b095-dc9fff8fb487
Mono 2.10.12 (mono-2-10/c9b270d)
Package version: 210120000
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 4.6.1 (2067)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Enterprise Edition)
Build date: 2013-10-04 14:08:06-0400
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 4.6.2 (Starter Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/rener/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86
Supported Android versions:
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
4.0 (API level 14)
4.2 (API level 17)
Java SDK: /usr
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Xamarin.Mac: Not Installed
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 400030013
Git revision: fae7c2bde0e8d51943fbd6afa22d7d2bb7a1192f
Build date: 2013-03-21 19:16:39+0000
Xamarin addins: 906a1edff23bcfd0ab7518463620a8ee506eaea2
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.8.3
Darwin MacBookAir-RR.local 12.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.3.0
Sun Jan 6 22:37:10 PST 2013
I do not get a TypeLoadException with 6.3.x but it does crash on both the simulator and devices.
On the simulator I get the following in the Application Output pad:
2013-04-23 09:57:48.552 GoogleMaps[79353:21b03] MonoTouch: Could not find the required assembly 'GoogleMaps.exe' in the app. This is usually fixed by cleaning and rebuilding your project; if that doesn't work, please file a bug report: http://bugzilla.xamarin.com
But that's definitively something we can detect and report a more useful (and specific) error message.
MT0003 already checked for conflicts with SDK and product assemblies. MT0023 will now check for user assemblies (including components) as well. E.g.
error MT0023: Application name 'GoogleMaps.exe' conflicts with another user assembly.
Fixed in master: 1fdc8dc418f9c14aa5bd915bede1cea8657e6ea3