Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Step To Reproduce:
1. Launch the MonoDevelop.
2. Click on "Start a New Solution" link..
3. Choose C# > Mono For Android in left hand panel.
4. Select Mono For Android Application from center pane.
5. Enter name into Name field.
6. Select a location.
7. Click on "Forward" button.
8. Double click on Activity1.cs file.
9. Construct the UI and Build the application.
10.Run the application.All available emulator images displayed.
11. select the emulator and click on OK button.
Error occurs in launching the application.
Error should not occur and application should launch.
Android SDK 12
MonoDevelop 2.7.22 (2.8 Beta3)
Mono For Android SDK 1.2.0
Created attachment 542 [details]
Created attachment 543 [details]
Since the error does not exists with the new installers, i.e.
Mono for Android 4.0.1
Hence, closing this issue.