Bug 11623 - On first loading of a project, the IDE ignores what ever is set as the target.
Summary: On first loading of a project, the IDE ignores what ever is set as the target.
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 11101
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: iOS add-in ()
Version: 4.0.3
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jeffrey Stedfast
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-04-05 14:19 UTC by Jake Simpson
Modified: 2013-04-05 14:24 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 11101

Description Jake Simpson 2013-04-05 14:19:13 UTC
When I first load a project, the target for the project may be set as the Ipad Simulator, however, even that's set, when I run, the IDE opens in the iphone simulator.

If I set the target specifically, it selects the correct one when run - but until I do that, the last selected target is NOT selected (I think there might be an off by 1 problem of some sort - last time I started up, my Ipad Mini was selected as the target, but it started on my iphone 5 instead. Note also, that when the project was closed in XStudio, I didn't have an iphone plugged in - it might be that on start up of the project, it was using the index of whatever targets were last found, and on start up there were more targets. To explain better - when the project shut down, target #3 was the Ipad Mini, on start up, target #3 was the Iphone 5. The IDE IS displaying the correct target, but it's not using that correct target when I start debugging the app).
Comment 1 Jeffrey Stedfast 2013-04-05 14:24:02 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 11101 ***