Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When using the new xamarin studio for ios development. I've had it start the wrong version of the iphone simulator when starting debugging. I currently have iphone simulators 5.1 and 6.0 installed.
How to reproduce:
1. Start project
2. Select debug and iphone simulator 5.1 from the drop downs
3. select 'start debugging', the 5.1 simulator is started
4. Switch to iphone simulator 6.0 in the drop down
5. select 'start debugging', the 6.0 simulator is started
6. quit xamarin studio
7. restart xamarin studio by double clicking the solution file
8. The dropdown still shows debug and iphone simulator 6.0 from the previous run
9. select 'start debugging', the *** 5.1 simulator *** starts. This is the error.
10. switch the dropdown to iphone simulator 5.1
11. switch the dropdown back to iphone simulator 6.0
12. select 'start debugging', now the 6.0 simulator runs correctly
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 11101 ***