Bug 11297 - AOT on ICSharpZipLib fails often
Summary: AOT on ICSharpZipLib fails often
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Tools ()
Version: 6.2.x
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: Untriaged
Assignee: Zoltan Varga
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-03-20 14:00 UTC by TotallyEvil Devs
Modified: 2013-03-21 20:30 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description TotallyEvil Devs 2013-03-20 14:00:04 UTC
AOT compiler step on a project with the ICSharpZipLib referenced will often result in failure. This used to be a sporadic problem, but with the recent update as of 3/19/2012 for Xamarin.iOS, the failure occurs often.

I did try it on a clean and new mac and did not get the error. This may be a project "clean" problem if AOT does incremental updates to the compile target. Will try later on the machine that exhibits this behavior.
Comment 1 Sebastien Pouliot 2013-03-21 10:43:21 UTC
There might be different issues but it definitively happens with 6.2.1 when using LLVM.
Comment 2 TotallyEvil Devs 2013-03-21 12:23:44 UTC
Confirming that when I disable LLVM and linking, this problem no longer exists. I put it in debug mode and enabled LLVM and linking all, then got the AOT error.

Then I CLEANED the solution, and magically it passed the AOT phase even with LLVM and full link enabled.
Comment 3 Zoltan Varga 2013-03-21 20:30:57 UTC
Fixed in mobile-master/master.