Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I have asp.net mvc 3 project and after research i got that mono doesnt support resx translations.
So i started with translation project but i have error
Building: Translation (Debug)
Build failed. The system cannot find the file specified
One more error when i try update translations. But file exists for sure...
Updating message catalog
Scanning project SubSonic.Core...
Scanning project SocialResources...
Scanning project SocialDB...
Scanning project PetsWeb...
---------------------- Done ----------------------
Could not update file D:\wamp\www\petsmvc\PetsWeb\Translation\ru.po. The system cannot find the file specified
Pretty sure Mono can compile and consume resx translations. MonoDevelop doesn't have an editor for them but you could edit the text/xml files manually.
The gettext addin doesn't work on Windows in MD 2.6 and older. It must have got into the installer package by accident. It was fixed recently - I think the fix is in MD 2.8b3, but if not, it'll be in the next beta/rc/release.